Gently - without harshness; having to do with a family of proper upbringing; ownership of land

Georgic - from the latin geo: earth. from the latin ergo: to work.

Gently Georgic - Our family striving to derive a proper upbringing by spending time with our hands in the dirt.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Canning Beans Today.....like Cafe Rio's (hopefully?)

I've got my big bowl of pinto beans soaking and they are ready to be put into jars.  I love the flavor of Cafe Rio's black beans, so I am going to add these ingredients to the bottle before pressure canning them for 90 minutes.  Hopefully they turn out yummy.  (Recipe found at Pinchingyourpennies.com)


2 Tbl finely minced onion

2 cloves minced garlic

1 tsp ground cumin

1 cup tomato juice (might use chunked tomatoes instead, I have those)

3 Tbl chopped Fresh Cilantro

1 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment